Skip to content
8 of the most common mistakes everyone makes in the gym
- Not warming up properly: Jumping on a bike or treadmill for 5-10 minutes is not the best warm up. You should do dynamic stretches to get your body ready for your whole workout session
- Poor technique: without proper technique, you tend to increasing risk of injury and long term pains. Seek out some help and learn proper technique
- Too heavy, too soon: most men tend to try to lift heavy from the start thinking they could impress women. However, you should start light, keep the proper form and increase weight gradually
- Too light for too long: it is important to progressively increase your weight to keep getting results. If you keep lifting the same weight week in, week out, your body won’t change
- Incorrect breathing: when exercising and getting your heart rate up, focus inhaling through the nose and exhaling through your mouth. (Most people inhaling through the mouth instead of their nose when working out)
- Poor exercise selection: select exercise which use multiple muscle groups at the same time such as: squat, deadlifts.
- Poor programming: you should devise a sensible and effective program and individualize it based on your training goals
- Not enough effort: some hard work is required if you want to succeed.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device